After a 9-month hiatus from exercising, I am excited to return to Barre Forte!
I began my love affair with the studio formerly know as (tongue in cheek) The Body Barre, in April of 2014. During my free trial week, the sense of support I felt from the other students and instructors, the kick-ass workouts, and the beauty of the studio captivated me. At the end of my seven-day trial I was sold. “This is where I’m going to get the body I’ve always wanted,” I told myself, and for the following six months I got steadily closer to looking and feeling my best. Within the first four months of taking barre and vertical fitness classes, I lost 20 lb, 5% body fat, and went from a size 16 to a size 12 in jeans. I was well on my way to my goal weight of 145 lb. from my starting weight of 210 lb. Then life happened. I had to take care of some things at home, I went back to college, and in October of last year, with a heavy heart, I said farewell to the barre studio that had become my saving grace.
Fast forward to mid June 2015: After finally finding steadiness in my personal life and finances (and gaining 15 lb. over the holidays and spring semester) I couldn’t wait to return to my beloved barre classes. I called Barre Forte owner, Jen Rehm, and told her that I would be returning to the studio and documenting my weight loss journey. So, here we are! I intend to take at least three barre classes and one vertical fitness class at Barre Forte every week and to document my progress monthly from July 1st, 2015 until July, 1st 2016. On the first of each month, I will be post photos of my progress, along with a short summary of my workout and diet activities. I cannot wait to meet my best, and I hope that my progress will help inspire anyone reading this blog to join me, either at Barre Forte or in spirit.
What it feels like to get certified to instruct your favorite fitness discipline; awesome!
No, really, you are certifiable with Barre Forte Teacher Training. Join us for some fun and sun in Capitola, CA this September 18th and 19th, or in Denver August 1st and 2nd or October 17th and 18th. Want to know more? Read the following:
BARRE FORTE TEACHER TRAINING COURSE DESCRIPTION
Barre Forte Teacher Training is a comprehensive, two day program that teaches instructors of all background and abilities to effectively and safely instruct barre, as well as improve the way they conduct and instruct other formats. Attendees will prepare and practice choreography, and spend extensive time performing, and cuing exercises to and in front of both large and small groups. Great emphasis will be given to format, flow, cuing, and musicality and Master Barre Trainers will be on hand to help you design an engaging, full-body workout.
WHY BARRE FORTE TEACHER TRAINING?
- We’ll help you master the small movements and controlled principles that differentiate barre from ballet
- No ongoing licensing fees
- No outlandish requirements for participation
- No re-certification requirements
- Instant feedback and suggestions
- No video testing requirements
- No application process
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR BARRE FORTE TEACHER TRAINING:
- Two days of fast paced and engaging instruction, with over 15 hours of intense training
- 2 formidable Master Classes
- 2 complimentary classes to any of our studios
- Comprehensive manual, including hundreds of pictures
- Ongoing support, training, and guidance
- Extensive opportunity to create, practice, instruct, and perfect your choreography in a supportive studio environment
DURING BARRE FORTE TEACHER TRAINING YOU WILL:
- Learn about the history and evolution of barre
- Discuss and understand how ballet, yoga, and Pilates have influenced barre
- Know what you must incorporate into every barre class
- Understand the principles that cause barre moves to be inherently small and effective
- Know the benefits and advantages of teaching with a tucked pelvis and with a neutral spine
- Learn to format and choreograph a one hour class
- Understand how to incorporate common tools and equipment into your classes
- Discuss what music to use and how to use it
- Learn to count, choreograph, and pre-cue to music
- Understand basic body alignment principles for barre, and how to avoid common injuries
- Learn to cue hundreds of barre exercises, and barre stretches safely and effectively
- Learn progressions and modifications to effectively teach students of all levels and abilities
- Practice, perform, and instruct
COST AND REGISTRATION
Reserve your registration with a $200 deposit and pay the balance of $469 on or before the weekend of your certification. Click the View Schedule/Register icon and choose our Mindbody Online Events Tab to secure your reservation.
FEES AND LICENSING
There are no ongoing fees associated with attending Barre Forte Teacher Training. Once you master the format, exercises, and philosophies associated with our teacher training, you won’t forget them. Should you fall in love with our friendly company, our mission, and our empowering workouts, licensing opportunities are available. For more information simply complete our contact form. We’ve helped owners open studios that represent their own unique brands, as well as the Barre Forte brand. Either way, we’ve been there and done that, and if it’s your goal to own a studio, we’ll help you do that too!
While instructors of all abilities and backgrounds will benefit greatly from attending Barre Forte Teacher Training, experience instructing Pilates, yoga, dance, and/or barre is preferred. While attendees are not required to hold current CPR or Group Fitness Certifications to attend Barre Forte, both are required in order to obtain continuing education units. Most fitness providers require proof of current CPR certification and group fitness certification from their instructors. If you do not currently hold these certifications, plan to do so for your benefit and for the benefit of your students.
It’s official! the body barre is now Barre Forte!
Why you ask?
Well, there are a few reasons. For starters, many other companies have used the body barre’s name and likeness to promote their studios. In addition, our Burn at the Barre, Barre Sculpt, and Below the Belt workouts have become paramount to our programming. Our former colors, soft and feminine, no longer share the true depiction of what we, our instructors, classes, and clients have become; bold, empowering, daring, and a whole lot of fun. We hope our new name, logo, colors, and other brand elements will do a better job of sharing the energy that is Barre Forte and we hope you’ll join us for the journey! #meetyyourbest
Want to know how strong you are? Try holding a perfect “Chair” for as long as possible. The winner of our May Madness Chair Challenge, Darya Shmidt, held hers for 21 minutes and 15 seconds.
Some pictures from our recent photo shoot with @sallyfreshour. What a fun time! Almost as fun as our classes! Thanks clients, instructors, and reception team for your participation!
Stay tuned to Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook and more. We’ll announce our new name, share our new logo, and more, this Wednesday.
I don’t sparkle, I sweat.Jen Rehm