Barre Forte Method
We’ve experienced and seen what barre workouts can do to transform the body and we’re passionate about bringing the benefits of barre exercise to the masses. There are many types of barre workouts instructed around the world, and while we appreciate each fitness provider’s freedom to create their own format, we feel strongly that all barre workouts should share common characteristics. Barre Forte’s philosophy includes using small weights, high repetition, and deep muscle contraction to overload muscles. After a muscle group is exhausted, we elongate that muscle group with a series of stretches before moving on to the next muscle group. Barre Forte also believes in forcing muscles to work by creating resistance through proper body alignment, rather than by using heavy weights, which can place additional stress on joints. To better understand how we instruct and perform barre exercise, visit our YouTube page.
Barre Forte Teacher Training Course Description
Barre Forte Teacher Training is a comprehensive, two day program that teaches instructors of all background and abilities to effectively and safely instruct barre, as well as improve the way they conduct and instruct other formats. Attendees will prepare and practice choreography, and spend extensive time performing, and cuing exercises to and in front of both large and small groups. Great emphasis will be given to format, flow, cuing, and musicality and Master Barre Trainers will be on hand to help you design an engaging, full-body workout.
Why Barre Forte Teacher Training?
- We’ll help you master the small movements and controlled principles that differentiate barre from ballet
- No ongoing licensing fees
- No outlandish requirements for participation
- No re-certification requirements
- Instant feedback and suggestions
- No video testing requirements
- No application process
Barre Forte Teacher Training has been approved by American Council on Exercise (ACE), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), and Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) as a continuing education provider.
What’s included in your Barre Forte Teacher Training:
- Two days of fast paced and engaging instruction, with over 14 hours of intense training
- 2 formidable Master Classes
- 2 complimentary classes to our studios
- Comprehensive manual, including hundreds of pictures
- Extensive opportunity to create, practice, instruct, and perfect your choreography in a supportive studio environment
- Certificate of completion
- ACE, AFAA, and NASM continuing education credits
During Barre Forte Teacher Training you will:
- Learn about the history and evolution of barre
- Discuss and understand how ballet, yoga, and Pilates have influenced barre
- Know what you must incorporate into every barre class
- Understand the principles that cause barre moves to be inherently small and effective
- Know the benefits and advantages of teaching with a tucked pelvis and with a neutral spine
- Learn to format and choreograph a barre class
- Discuss what music to use and how to use it
- Learn to count, choreograph, and pre-cue to music
- Understand basic body alignment principles for barre and how to avoid common injuries
- Learn to cue hundreds of barre exercises and barre stretches safely and effectively
- Learn progressions and modifications to effectively teach students of all levels and abilities
- Practice, perform, and instruct
Cost and Registration
Reserve your registration with a $200 deposit and pay the balance of $469 on or before the weekend of your certification. Deposits posted for all certifications are non-refundable, unless cancelled by Barre Forte. Deposits are transferrable to a later event date, should the participant need to cancel their reservation.
Click the View Schedule/Register icon at the top of the page and choose our Mindbody Online Events Tab to secure your reservation.
If you would like to schedule a Barre Trainer Certification program in your own studio, contact us for more information. If you host and register a minimum of 10 people you can get your personal registration free.
Fees and Licensing
There are no ongoing fees associated with attending Barre Forte Teacher Training. Once you master the format, exercises, and philosophies associated with our teacher training, you won’t forget them. Should you fall in love with our friendly company, our mission, and our empowering workouts, licensing opportunities are available. For more information simply complete our contact form. We’ve helped owners open studios that represent their own unique brands, as well as the Barre Forte brand. Either way, we’ve been there and done that, and if it’s your goal to own a studio, we’ll help you do that too!
While instructors of all abilities and backgrounds will benefit greatly from attending Barre Forte Teacher Training, experience instructing Pilates, yoga, dance, and/or barre is preferred. While attendees are not required to hold current CPR or Group Fitness Certifications to attend Barre Forte, both are required in order to obtain continuing education units. Most fitness providers require proof of current CPR certification and group fitness certification from their instructors. If you do not currently hold these certifications, plan to do so for your benefit and for the benefit of your students.